Sunday, December 29, 2013

Happy Birthday Megan!

Megan was number 9 of the 10 Miller kids.  Naming the children was always exciting with all of us giving input.  We always figured Mom had the final say, but when this baby came we learned the truth.  Mom had always loved the name Megan, but I believe the story goes that her mom questioned it when she mentioned it as a possibility for her first born.  Maybe it was fate, maybe it was confidence but this last little daughter was to be named Megan.  The next task was to decide a middle name.  We all thought Angela went great with Megan.  I remember my dad always in the background telling his little name jokes.  "I want to name a child Justin Casey, Just in casey comes, Just in casey falls, etc."  "And wouldn't it be fun to have Nutmeg and vanilla?"  har, har, har.  So, along we went, everyone feeling settled that Megan Angela it was.  And then the day came.  My Dad named the baby Megan Vanilla Angela Miller.  I was shocked.  My mom was strangely okay with it, and Megan likes her name, so I guess all's well that ends well.  And of course my Dad just loves his little Meggie Vannie Angie.


How cute is that little girl?




Megan and Carrie as rockin' hot teenagers in the 80's







Megan is a people girl.  She was always at a friend's house growing up.  I was a lot older than her so didn't really take the time to find out why so many people wanted her to be with them.  Then when I was married with children and she was a young adult I had a long drive and needed a friend.  I asked her to come with me.  It was then I discovered what she is.  She is the Balm of Gilead. She has an easy laugh, love and acceptance, and a way of letting you know that everything's all good.

Megan has a darling sense of humor, she's a bit on the silly side (She's a Miller after all) and just so you know, she's run the Boston Marathon.


Travis, Megan, Tommy, Susie, Ivy, Miller, Eliza,
Grandma and Grandpa Liston, and Grandma and Grandpa Miller

No comments: