Monday, January 6, 2014

Heaven loves families/Idaho Falls

We arrived in Idaho Falls on Saturday night and the very kind Joneses made Paul's dreams come true by going to the gym to play volleyball.  The next morning Jeff made a delicious breakfast.  Mary had a little emergency, and she took Kristen to urgent care.  Mary's suspicions were confirmed-strep. Kristen was masked and other masks were offered.  No one else got strep, but we missed Kristen as she kept her distance.

When it was time for church, for a split second I felt little sorry that I wasn't at home to go to church on the Sunday before Christmas, because I knew they had a special musical program planned, and I love the feeling I have when listening to beautiful sacred music that testifies of Christ.  As luck would have it, my sister Mary's congregation also has a lot of musical talent and their Christmas program was powerful.  There was a cello, a double quartet, and some of the most lovely arrangements I'd ever heard.  It was a good day.  Even better, we had family caroling on Sunday evening, with some impromptu talent and not so much talent numbers that just made me feel like families are forever and heaven was smiling down on ours.  I just love these people.
Kyle, Rebecca, Olivia, Katelyn, Anna Lisa, Natalie, Andrew, Gabe
Jones/Stoker kids Kristen was quarantined with strep :( 

Katelyn and my festive Christmas sweaters
There's no such thing as an ugly Christmas sweater
Gabe and Natalie Rubix cubing
We needed some cookies.  These girls took care of it.
Rebecca and Anna Lisa
Poor little sick girl, Kristen

Me, Mary, Rebecca
In home caroling






















No comments: