Labels
Children
(88)
Happy Birthday
(46)
For Moms
(39)
Grandchildren
(38)
Siblings
(32)
Holiday
(22)
Family History
(21)
2013
(20)
Inspirational
(19)
Robert Miller
(19)
2015
(16)
Janet Miner
(16)
2020
(15)
2016
(14)
2014
(13)
music
(12)
2012
(9)
Subbing
(9)
2017
(7)
2019
(7)
2018
(5)
Christmas
(5)
Neices and Nephews
(5)
garden
(5)
2022
(4)
My childhood
(4)
nieces and nephews
(4)
Graduation
(3)
Ila Casto
(3)
Mother's Day
(3)
Wedding
(3)
2021
(2)
Aaron
(2)
Book List
(2)
Children 2014
(2)
Don Stoker
(2)
Gabe Stoker
(2)
Janus Miller
(2)
Manly program
(2)
Paul Stoker
(2)
Book review
(1)
Caroline Margaret Larsen
(1)
Christina Gregerson
(1)
Covid-19
(1)
Hans Peter Hansen Miller
(1)
Jeanne Wallace
(1)
Marriage
(1)
Portland
(1)
Sam
(1)
San Diego
(1)
Stoker nieces and nephews
(1)
Stoker siblings
(1)
Tamma Murfee Miner
(1)
Thanksgiving
(1)
Thoughts
(1)
Vernon Fawson
(1)
You know you're a Miller
(1)
parents
(1)
recipes
(1)
Saturday, April 5, 2014
Happy Birthday beautiful Mother
Happy Birthday Mom: I love that your birthday is in spring and we can talk about flowers during our birthday call. I'm happy that you have pansies in OR. I have pansies in GA. I planted some encore azaleas today. You will love them. They bloom on your birthday. These bloom in 2 colors, light pink and dark pink. I know you like pink and beautiful things. I hope you can see them someday.
I'm proud to be your daughter. When we were talking on the phone the other day you told me a little about your mission. You said that you and Dad and some other people were teaching a new friend and her friend about Jesus Christ. You compassionately related her story and how she has been homeless and through tough times. When you told me that sitting around the coffee table in humble surroundings talking about God was more fun than any party you've been to. Then you said that you would like to be on a mission your whole life.
That made me feel very grateful. I was raised by a woman who loves God's children, and who understands "Bear one another's burdens," and who has dedicated her life to serving him. If I ever wondered if Jesus was the Christ I know I could look to you to testify that he is. But I don't wonder, because you have been teaching me since I was a little girl. Now I'm a big girl and the faith that you planted has grown big too. Because you loved your children, I have children that I love. And I'm happy. Because you taught me where true happiness comes from.
I love you. Have a birthday that's wonderful just like you. xoxoxox
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment