When I read this quote on the Relief Society board, (See, I don't get all my quotes from facebook) I wanted it to become my new mantra. I'm going to become very good at "Celebrating goodness" I started my new life in a very fertile "goodness" soil. I spent the weekend with the Jeff and Mary Jones family where goodness and celebrating goodness are very well developed.
I was taken from the airport to the house by Jeff's lovely mother. It was wonderful to see her again. She even came into the airport to get me which is above and beyond the Stoker way. It's baggage drop pickup with all the love in our heart if you fly into Atlanta.
Daughter #3 gave up her awesome room and I enjoyed very good accommodations for the duration of my stay. I saw an excellent room decorating idea. She had lined her wall with little hand made signs of things she loved. I enjoyed reading them and getting to know more of her goodness. I want to make a wall like that and one of the first signs I'll put up is "Kristen."
Sunday morning was a special day. I learned about the goodness of daughter #2 when I looked over at her on the computer. I expected to see Facebook, but instead I saw Family Tree. This girl is on genealogy fire. She also contributed to family readiness by beautifully styling the hair of the littles. They looked fab and then she got herself ready and she looked fab. But my favorite Anna goodness was when she made her missionary sister's favorite treat for the special day in her dress and heels.
The very prepared and insightful Katelyn spoke in church for the last time before going on her mission. It's clear that she has many gifts to dedicate to sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm proud of her courage and faith. And she was very fun to be with. Even though it was a big day she remained calm, grateful and kind.
Daughter #4 set a great example for us in church. She was taking notes in her little church journal and commented that she felt the spirit during the meeting. I learned that she also writes very good songs.
Baby girl Jones is called "Lovey". She gives special hugs that warm my heart and help me know that God's love is real and good.
Throughout the day family and good friends came by to say "Goodbye" to Katelyn and give us a lot to celebrate.














1 comment:
Laurie, that was very sweet of you to make us look so good. I would add that Katelyn's amazing aunt Laurie felt prompted to come and be with us not knowing how much it meant to Katelyn to have family support. She, the amazing aunt also added joy,sparkle and spirituality to our event and we will forever be grateful.
Post a Comment