I went to Beaverton by way of Washougal to spend some time with this terrific sister and her truly fantastic family.
These are some of her cute kids:
![]() |
| Susie and Miller |
![]() |
| Ivy |
In my opinion, if a teenager's bed stand contains The New Era, scriptures, his scout book, a Newberry honor reading book, and a mission savings bank, this is a pretty great teenager. But it's not surprising with a Dad that motivates like this:
I had a great visit with Megan. We talked into the night. Then it was on to the grandchildren. oxox
![]() |
| Josh |
![]() |
| Isaac |
![]() |
| Eli |
At the Brandon and Mallory Stoker house I learned about the"Kids Baking Championship" TV show. It's a favorite watch for them, and that's why my grandchildren use words like "savory" and "fondant". Then I was treated to a demonstration of their yard baking skills.
![]() |
| Cake |
![]() |
| Taco |
Mallory's parents and Megan and her girls joined us at the church for Annabelle's baptism. What a special day. Not only was my granddaughter getting baptized, but this was the first time I witnessed a son baptizing his child. I was not prepared for the overwhelming feelings of love and gratitude I felt as a mother and grandmother.
Baptism-check, lunch-check. On to the next celebration...Mother's Day! A babysitter came in to take care of the kids and the adults went out to dinner at the best restaurant in town...La Provence. Who cares if we had just gone there for breakfast? The dinner menu was completely different. It was so fun to be with the Dickson's. We hadn't been together since the kids got married. I'm thankful for special events that give us a reason to see each other again.
Sunday morning brought more Mother's Day. I watched this sweet son out my window, gathering flowers for the mothers in his life and teaching his sons to do the same.
![]() |
| happiness |
![]() |
| Made for mom by the birthday boy. That's love. |
After church I got in a great game of "Pretty Pretty Princess" with these studly cousins.
And then it was birthday celebration time with more delicious food, outdoor dining, and presents.
This tribute to Brandon was my favorite: Bikes to work really far. Awesome. Helpful. Dad. Owns a swing set. (He's definitely arrived.) Never mean. Thanks for everything.
That night I flew to GA full of gratitude for these wonderful people and the good things that are happening in their family. And can I say, Mallory handled a lot of excitement and people and food with love and amazing skills. She's the best.
And because I had an awesome substitute who is a very kind friend, I came in to seminary the next day to this:





























1 comment:
This post makes me smile!
Post a Comment