Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Remember when I used to blog? Meet Me In St. Louis

As a mom and Grandma, I really like to know where my kids live. Actually, more than know, I like to see and feel. I had not seen or felt my children and grandchildren's place in St. Louis since they had moved there last summer. I rectified that problem in February and now I know how good things are for my grandchildren in St. Louis. They live in a nice home in a nice neighborhood in the middle of an Illinois field-very flat of course. They go to church where their grandma sings in the choir. When 10 yr. old plays on the upward basketball team, his Grandma and Grandpa and uncle who used to be his coach come to watch. He's not intimidated by the refs because one of them is, coincidentally, another uncle. He plays the clarinet and reads books for days and gets dropped off by the school bus right by his front door



5 yr. old plays Funny Bunny and kitchen and Star Wars and video games and makes plans for his future. He has a secret. He has not ruled out being a bad guy as a career. Sometimes he goes to preschool and the rest of the time he spreads joy. He is deadly at Stratego. I wouldn't say he cheats, but his guys have powers that my guys do not. They fly, they shoot missiles, basically they are invincible.




Erica is a wonderful mother, wife and photographer. She also is a Christian friend giving hope and love, pointing people towards the Savior.

Daniel makes life great, playing games, working hard, supporting his family, and spreading wry humor and a touch of sarcasm.

I loved my time with them.

No comments: