Friday, September 8, 2017

Don't turn around too soon. You're not quite there.

Last week I recognized that I needed to exercise, for sure, today. I decided to walk down to the lake and back. I pulled up a conference talk on my phone and set out. When I got to the lake parking lot, I stepped off of the sidewalk and onto the black top and made an about face. As I did, this impression came to my mind, "Are you going to come all that way and not be healed?" I had reached my goal, but was going to skip the best part, the lake. So, I turned around and went the extra mile, er yards, to stroll along the dock, gaze into the water, feel the breeze, and look for turtles.



                                  As I walked back through my neighborhood, (up some very challenging hills) I thought of other applications for this principle. When I read my scriptures do I get to the next chapter and close the book, or read until I feel something and learn something and change? When I go to church  do I turn around in the metaphorical parking lot or go all the way to renew covenants with the Savior, remember Him, receive and share his love, and let it heal me.

My to do list is a great tool. I just need to remember that I want to do more than check things off. I want to grow into something beautiful, loving and good.

No comments: