Sunday, November 1, 2020

Don't forget the camellias. .

 Yesterday I realized it was time to bless my plants with a little water. It has been coolish, but we haven't had rain for a while. I walked around the perimeter of my yard dragging my hose around corners, trampolines, (well, one trampoline) and in some cases over plants to reach every green thing growing in the yard. I scrutinized each plant to see if it had fungus issues or needed insecticide or if it had been eaten by deer. I was looking over some azaleas lamenting that they had problems. Should I spray them, move them to a place with more light? How could I get these bushes to be okay? I was really worrying about them and what I should do differently.


And then I looked to the left and realized that my sweet camellias could not be working any harder to make me happy. I felt sad at my lack of gratitude for their contribution and loyal service. I felt even sadder as I realized that I need to be more grateful for the friends and family who are so kind to me and try so hard to bless me with their love and goodness. I'm sometimes so preoccupied with problems that I neglect my blessings. So let me take this time to say, "Thank you" to all who are making life more beautiful for me and others with their beauty and light..

No comments: