Monday, December 6, 2021

What an Honor to Finally Meet You, Lexi Elise

Isn't she just the cutest thing? These great people moved to Sacramento, CA from Augusta, GA 2 years ago. That meant I couldn't just drive 3 hours to visit. I'm happy they're by their CA family, but I've been missing out on a lot of beautiful faces. This new little Stoker, Lexi, is sweet, sweet. She has a ready smile that is so rewarding. The word on the street is that she doesn't sleep, but that means more time to enjoy her company.  (Says the Grandma who doesn't get up with her in the night.)



Her brothers and sister are also very fun to be with. You know when there are costumes worn, it's going to be a great time.







Especially when riding a bike. This little 2 year old reminds me of his Daddy when he was little. I could not resist the cuteness.



My first day in CA we went to the park. I was very impressed by the tenacity shown by the littles. There was bike riding, scootering, climbing, a couple falls, but a lot of bravery, strength, and trying again. And when 2 year old was done playing, he picked up his bike and sat in his stroller to wait.
I took a short trip to Dos Palos to see my brother and go to my old house. It was pomegranate season and I loved seeing all the pomegranates growing all over the central valley. (Goals)
The next day we got up to go to YOSEMITE!  I hadn't been in decades and it was thrilling. First off, adventuring with these guys was a treat. When they say they're leaving at 6:00 am, they're leaving at 6:00 am. Kids in the car, lunch packed, muffins in the cup holders. Let's roll. It was spectacular. There had been a rare rainstorm the weekend before and the waterfalls were definitely showing off. So much beauty and so much impressive hiking demonstrated by my family. My son and daughter-in-law each packed a child. The 4 and 6 year old walked by themselves and didn't whine at all. They were good examples to me. I tried to keep my whining to myself, but mostly I was just excited to be in that special place with these special people.




























The next day we went to the pumpkin patch. It was very Halloweeny and we had a blast.








Sweet 2 yr. old gave me 3 gifts: a dandelion, a rose hip and lichen. I just might keep them forever.

How lucky is this Grandson to have a piano lesson with his Dad every morning?

 I'm very proud of this wonderful family. I hope I get to be with them again soon. Thanks for being lovely.

No comments: