Did you know that the BYU men's volleyball team is ranked #1 in the country right now? The BYU-Irvine game was so fantastic. I hope you all watched it on BYUtv. Considering who I'm married to, (Mr. let's learn about every sport) I should know more about the positions and strategies, but I do know that it was really cool when Tayler or Ben or Russ totally put the ball down in an amazing spike. One thing that wasn't very cool was when some BYU cougar was where he wasn't supposed to be and left a huge hole in the court. In a blinding second the opposition saw the weakness and buried a hit right in the vacant spot. We still won the game, but that was a dangerous situation.
Onto my real life, I have some interesting friends and family. They're doing exciting things in the community, in church, in the corporate world, in music, in education. When I hear of their adventures, the band starts to play and I want to march along. I want to have a job in a corporation, I want to go to med school, I want to write a song, I want to be a motivational speaker. All good things, but if I leave my life to live someone else's, I leave a vacancy on the court. Today I'm going to work on being the most awesome player I can be and do my job with mind boggling dedication. No one's going to spike in my zone.
Labels
Children
(88)
Happy Birthday
(46)
For Moms
(39)
Grandchildren
(38)
Siblings
(32)
Holiday
(22)
Family History
(21)
2013
(20)
Inspirational
(19)
Robert Miller
(19)
2015
(16)
Janet Miner
(16)
2020
(15)
2016
(14)
2014
(13)
music
(12)
2012
(9)
Subbing
(9)
2017
(7)
2019
(7)
2018
(5)
Christmas
(5)
Neices and Nephews
(5)
garden
(5)
2022
(4)
My childhood
(4)
nieces and nephews
(4)
Graduation
(3)
Ila Casto
(3)
Mother's Day
(3)
Wedding
(3)
2021
(2)
Aaron
(2)
Book List
(2)
Children 2014
(2)
Don Stoker
(2)
Gabe Stoker
(2)
Janus Miller
(2)
Manly program
(2)
Paul Stoker
(2)
Book review
(1)
Caroline Margaret Larsen
(1)
Christina Gregerson
(1)
Covid-19
(1)
Hans Peter Hansen Miller
(1)
Jeanne Wallace
(1)
Marriage
(1)
Portland
(1)
Sam
(1)
San Diego
(1)
Stoker nieces and nephews
(1)
Stoker siblings
(1)
Tamma Murfee Miner
(1)
Thanksgiving
(1)
Thoughts
(1)
Vernon Fawson
(1)
You know you're a Miller
(1)
parents
(1)
recipes
(1)


No comments:
Post a Comment