Labels
Children
(88)
Happy Birthday
(46)
For Moms
(39)
Grandchildren
(38)
Siblings
(32)
Holiday
(22)
Family History
(21)
2013
(20)
Inspirational
(19)
Robert Miller
(19)
2015
(16)
Janet Miner
(16)
2020
(15)
2016
(14)
2014
(13)
music
(12)
2012
(9)
Subbing
(9)
2017
(7)
2019
(7)
2018
(5)
Christmas
(5)
Neices and Nephews
(5)
garden
(5)
2022
(4)
My childhood
(4)
nieces and nephews
(4)
Graduation
(3)
Ila Casto
(3)
Mother's Day
(3)
Wedding
(3)
2021
(2)
Aaron
(2)
Book List
(2)
Children 2014
(2)
Don Stoker
(2)
Gabe Stoker
(2)
Janus Miller
(2)
Manly program
(2)
Paul Stoker
(2)
Book review
(1)
Caroline Margaret Larsen
(1)
Christina Gregerson
(1)
Covid-19
(1)
Hans Peter Hansen Miller
(1)
Jeanne Wallace
(1)
Marriage
(1)
Portland
(1)
Sam
(1)
San Diego
(1)
Stoker nieces and nephews
(1)
Stoker siblings
(1)
Tamma Murfee Miner
(1)
Thanksgiving
(1)
Thoughts
(1)
Vernon Fawson
(1)
You know you're a Miller
(1)
parents
(1)
recipes
(1)
Saturday, June 1, 2013
I'm still at Grandma's.
So I'm still at Grandma's. I'm learning some things about Grandma. She likes to kiss me and hug me and she seems like an overall trustworthy person so I keep her in my sight, but she's not very exciting. She reads books and takes me on walks, but her jokes aren't very funny and she isn't good at playing cars at all. But she's taking pretty good care of me. Well there was that one time when she let my hair get almost dry before she combed it. That would have been ridiculous. It was sticking up all over. Good thing she finally remembered.
On Friday her friends, the Sultans, came over to see me. They were fun. They carried me around the house and looked at me and laughed and talked about how cute I am. There were a lot of people so I found Grandma to make sure she didn't get lost in the shuffle. When I decided she wasn't going to get lost I started crawling around with all the fun people again.
Today was more exciting than yesterday. Andrew didn't go to work and Rebecca came home from her activity. Rebecca took me for a loooong walk. I liked that. Andrew and I went for an adventure in the yard. I crawled around in the grass and on the driveway. I showed him how brave I am. He let me drive the car. Well, it didn't go anywhere, but I stood up on the front seat and moved the steering wheel back and forth.
I've been helping Grandma out. She has a lot to learn about electronics, so I'm her man. When she's on the keyboard I type too so she can go faster. I try to help her with the mouse, but she moves it away. No worries, I just go find the other mouse. Sometimes I show her how to send messages on her phone. For some reason Grandma left a cd in the cd player. I took it out for her...twice. I could do more if she'd let me. I guess she's just stubborn like that.
I've also been teaching her some things about meal time. After my nap she put me in my chair and gave me some cheese. Luckily, my mom is teaching me some signs, so I just told Grandma "more" as in "more variety" as in "I want something more than these pieces of cheese." That worked well. Next I had to work on the dinner traditions. Grandma puts me in my high chair and everyone else sits around the table. I ask you, is that right? I think not. So I just explained that I was "all done" and added a little whine of dissatisfaction so she let me sit on her lap and use her spoon. It's so much better when we're all around the table together. And I almost got some food into the spoon. One of these days, if I just keep tapping it, I know I'll see the food sitting in the spoon.
Grandma is a nice person, but I'm a little worried about her housekeeping. Since I've been here there seems to be an awful lot of toys on the floor, and in my opinion, her kitchen doesn't look too great either. Things look a little more put together when I wake up in the morning, but homegirl needs to work on her skills. She hasn't even vacuumed since I've been here. I'm not sure if I believe her excuse that the vacuum will wake me up. Why doesn't she vacuum when I'm awake? Then I could help her, bless her heart.
Well tomorrow is church. I'm sure it will be fantastic, all that sitting and listening and being quiet. I'm looking forward to it. I hope she doesn't forget the Cheerios.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment