Let's say this picture represents our goals and aspirations. It was the last day of school, first day of summer, everything was possible, all wrongs would be righted, all weaknesses would be made strengths, miraculous changes were coming our way. I laid out the programs that would bring about these changes. Gabe, qualifying for the manly program which includes 4 hours of work daily,would learn to work cheerfully, improve cooking skills, read, improve his musical instruments, rock his scouting and Duty to God, accomplish hard things and serve in the community. Rebecca, who did not qualify for the complete program because she is employed, would improve her homemaking skills and whatever else was on her list which is much longer than mine. Andrew, who is an employed adult, would be an appreciative guest, make wise choices and fly under his mom's radar. I would keep the kids moving forward, read books, keep things managed and enjoy the company of my children.
And now school has started again and although we're all very recognizable, I'm going to call it a win. Here are some of our great victories:
| Gabe and Andrew improved their concentration and manipulation skills by spending hours on Perplexus, not to mention building family relationships. |
![]() |
| I actually called and made a commitment for a date, which is a huge summertime accomplishment. (Inertia and all) We went at the appointed time and bagged granola bars for the Midwest food bank. Yay! |
![]() |
| Nothing says "Independence" like making your own treats. |
![]() |
| Gabe is not a fan of reading, but in order to gain Mario Strikers time, one hour for every 200 pp read, he endured the pain . |
| For some of you this may not look like much, but at the Stoker house this is an amazingly organized bookshelf. Woo hoo! |
![]() |
| Gabe ordered burrito, rice and beans instead of chicken fingers and fries. Way to be adventurous! |
![]() |
| Gabe helped me keep my flowers alive and weeded. Thanks buddy. |
![]() |
| Scouting went like this, Me: "What are you working on?" Gabe: "I don't know." Me:" Can you ask your scout leader?" repeat. Luckily, Dad's got this and |
![]() |
| Gabe found out he has 3 loops, 1 arch and the rest were whirls- very rare fingerprints. Progress! |
![]() |
| Motivated by Rebecca's scripture placement, I practiced my Primary songs and Gabe learned 2 1/2 hymns. |
![]() |
| This was a shared victory. I need to cook more creatively. The kids need to be braver eaters. Gladys Camp taught me how to make this delicious cauliflower casserole and the kids ate it. Go us. |
![]() |
| This wonder girl dominated her list and made some progress on mine. This one time, her room was completely clean. |
![]() |
![]() |
| Andrew was a grateful guest and flew pretty low. I know life was a little slow on the homefront for a 19-yr. old but thanks for hanging out with us. oxox |









.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment