Sunday, March 15, 2020

A long, long, time ago, actually October, 2019 when I met Rowan Thomas.

It wasn't until October that life worked out so I could travel to be with the California crew:  Nathan, Ariane, Caden, Jemma, Rowan, Jacob, Alexa, Isla, Theo, and Clementine. I don't get to see my kids and grand kids as much as I'd like, and when a new person has come from heaven, I'm always very anxious until I meet them.



I went to Sacramento via SLC where I stopped to visit my sis and family for a couple of days. On the way home from the airport we stopped at a very fall-y place for a treat for Melinda. (Dan is very good to her.) Atlanta lacks a little in the fall department where we're hard pressed to feel that nip in the air so I was loving this sight.



 There are a lot of beautiful things happening in the Christensen family. This guy for one. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know him and his cute personality.  If anyone's looking for an upstanding, good hearted, handsome, athletic man who can bake, he's your guy. And did I say I wanted to feel a nip in the air? Cancel that. I'm not a snow fan.

Sunday afternoon was a blast visiting with my niece, Ashley, and her cute family. I'm thankful for the time I spent with my sister, Melinda, who struggles with many health challenges. I'm inspired by her because even though she has to rest a lot, she is still learning and improving. She shared a water color with me that looks great hanging in my bathroom-so many talents.
Monday, it was on to Sacramento where I was picked up by Ariane and her 3 darlings. Caden kept me amazed by his navigation and correct reading of street signs. Whatever he's interested in, he masters. Jemma is a beautiful princess and mermaid and Rowan-Hello really cute person. Thanks for coming to our family.






  As I recall, I didn't do much to help. Ariane had meals prepared, activities planned, laundry done and all was in order. Basically, we just played. Admittedly, having fun with 3 young children always takes a little effort and there may or may not have been a tear or 2 (just to let you know the experience was real). Ariane taught me how to decorate cookies with Royal Icing. She was patient as I attempted to stay in the lines, each cookie looking a little better than the last. Progress, right? The kids joined in and if they take after their mom, they'll be pros in no time.




On one special day we drove to Nathan's work for lunch.  Can I tell you how gratifying it is to see a son and his family who worked so hard in college to get in to med school and continued with blood sweat and tears to graduate and complete residency working as a Doctor?  I felt joyful and proud.




Then we multiplied the fun by adding the Jacob Stokers to the party. Apple Hill never disappoints. Something about fall and apple trees and fish ponds and apple fritters and family. It's one of my favorite combinations.  

I just love each of these faces






See this guy? I love watching his gentle way with his beautiful children: Theo, who's an excellent guy and irresistible Clementine.

I was super lucky to be in CA for the cute and very clever Isla's birthday. We made our own pizza which is a fancy deal with Alexa's family. You know-feta, balsamic vinegar, Himalayan salt, etc.  I got so involved with the fun process that I'm afraid I missed out on some of the magic happening on the porch where the Dads and kids were making it great.

The awesome Dad's supervising the pinata.



There was confetti cake and happiness and then it was over. See you in June at the family reunion for more spectacular adventures! OXOXOX


No comments: