Saturday, March 14, 2020

Sir Miles Aaron

There is a special place in NC where knights and ladies dwell, unless they're being Nala and Simba or riding bikes. This is the place to which I flew. The youngest knight in the land is Sir Miles Aaron. He is fearless and bold, making his needs known, but melting hearts of all his subjects in the kingdom.



It was a short visit, but we were able to play probably 2,000 games of "Sleeping Queens." These little cuties were worthy opponents, although I realized I needed to stay on my toes when one Redmond played 5 random numbers on the discard pile and convincingly announced, "Math." They actually play most games better than I do and I learned a lot. They taught me how to play "Lion King" which was new and I'm thankful, even though I had to be Pumba or Timone. We had a great adventure outside. They showed me how they can ride their bikes like a boss, and then we became knights.

 We each grabbed a weapon and practiced throwing javelins in the front yard. Then we fled to Pine cone Town. Lucy showed me her special place to stand which was much more dangerous than her brother's special place to stand because she's older and likes scarier things. ;) Next we ran to the back yard to fight the foe. I thought I knew what would happen next, we'd stab the bad guys and they'd be dead, but no. Lucy enlightened me with a much more civilized method. We would leave lunch on the porch. The bad guys would see it, stop to eat, and we would outrun them.






The next day their sweet Momma went outside for the adventure and I got to snuggle Sir Miles.


I didn't get to see their hardworking Dad very much. He works long hours at the hospital, but I was a proud Mom when I saw the loving Dad notes he left every morning complete with math problems and original art work.








This is a great land to dwell. See you soon.

No comments: