Sunday, August 16, 2020

Connecting with family-Covid-19 style.



 Covid-19 blah, blah, blah. I feel like all I’ve done for the last 5 months is talk about Covid-19. It’s new, it’s scary, it’s inconvenient, it’s life changing, it’s life taking, it’s polarizing.  All those things are real and true, but I believe in looking for the good in all things. One good thing that I’d really like to remember this summer is our family theme picture activity. We took turns choosing a theme each week. Every family member and their family created a picture according to the theme. Some weeks we guessed, other weeks we captioned. There were usually awards, but there were always smiles and love and a tiny bit of competitive spirit. The themes and entries were as follows:

Week 1-Blue. (Chosen by Laurie)










Week 2: Inclement Weather (Chosen by Daniel)



"Tornado came through!"

"We had to make our own rain. Not sure how helpful umbrellas are for horizontal rain."

A Spring Day in Georgia: Frost warning in the morning. Thunderstorm warning in the afternoon followed by a heat advisory.

Hurricane's a comin'

"Sometimes the weather needs a little outside help."



Week 3: Colloquial phrases (Chosen by Brandon)

"Stop and smell the roses."

"Keep me posted"

"Cute as a button."

"Best thing since sliced bread."

"Better late than never."

"Under the weather."

"Bob's your uncle."

"On the ball."

"Ignorance is bliss."

I'd rather be...as in not quarantined. (Chosen by Nathan)

Graduating

With my family

At the temple

Playing video games with my brothers

On the lake

At the French Open

Swimming

At Disney World

At the zoo

Camping

In Quicksand "Read in sassy 'I'd rather stick pins in my eye' voice."

 on a date


Week 5: 80's song lyric (Chosen by Aaron)

''Ice, Ice, Baby."

"Another One Bites the Dust."

"We Didn't Start the Fire"

"We Wear Our Sunglasses at Night."

"Every Breath I Take."

"Jump"

"Welcome to the Jungle"

"Country Roads"

"Ghostbusters"

Week 6: Comics (Chosen by Jacob)




















Who Ate the Lasagna? (Every Garfield Comic Ever)




Week 7: Optical Illusion (Chosen by Eliza)







Week 8: Mascot (Chosen by Andrew)

Griffindor Lion

Timberwolves


Walla Walla Sweets


Boilermakers

Sacramento Kings

Eagle

Week 9: "Knock Knock Jokes," (Chosen by Rebecca)

...Olive... Olive you

Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock...Octupus

...Iguana...Iguana hold your hand

...Broken Pencil...Never Mind. It's Pointless.

...banana...banana...banana...banana...orange you glad I didn't say banana?

Week 10: "20 second dance video." (Chosen by Gabe.)









Fun times. And now it's August and school's going to try and start, and we're just going to roll with the pandemic and riots and dechero storm and fires and all the other opportunities for refinement and reflection that are being afforded us right now. And hopefully have a little fun along the way.











No comments: