Monday, August 3, 2020

Welcome to our family, Graham Milo.


Graham Milo Stoker was born June 29 in Sacramento.  A few weeks later he jumped in the car with his family and drove to his new home in Norman, OK. His Dad started his residency program, and his other Grandparents helped unpack. Grandma Kerry left Thursday, I came in as the second shift on Friday. I was amazed at how organized everything was when I arrived. Good thing, too, because 4 kids age 5 and under is no joke. Jacob and Alexa are wonderful parents with beautiful intelligent children, but these beautiful intelligent children have some needs, and it takes about 3 adults to meet them, especially when one of them is a wee little babe who loves his mama.




We had some fun adventures: July 25th was Pioneer Day. This celebration is usually held on July 24th, but you do what you can under the circumstances.  We went on a Pioneer walk with a picnic. We played "Button, button," "Pick-up Sticks" and "Drop the clothes pin into the Mason jar."

On another day we went to a very fine doughnut store with unicorn doughnuts, Captain America doughnuts, pink sprinkle and cake doughnuts, chocolate and maple bars. These delicious pastries were enjoyed on our road trip to check out the Oklahoma City temple. We had a little moment on the OK tollway (which we were trying to avoid, but Siri wouldn't comply) where we discovered that one must have exact change to satisfy the requirement. We traded a five dollar bill with the neighboring car in hopes of getting change. They only had 1's but were very kind and made the trade. I thought we could just over pay, but when the sign says exact change, they mean, "Quarters only, Ma'am." Alexa called the number on the machine and played her "new to the state" card. They were merciful, and we were educated. When driving in the car with 4 little tinies, obstacles like this can feel monumental, but we perservered and made it to our lovely destination.




On other days we played games, made lots of necklaces, swung on the awesome backyard swing, colored leaf pictures, and picked tomatoes from the garden. It was fun and hard and delightful and crazy and overwhelming and terrific. One night, after the kids were in bed, I got to watch Hamilton. I may or may not have slept through part of it, but I'd been wanting to see it and wasn't disappointed. Thanks for sharing your Disney Plus. I love you, cute family, I'm excited about your new Oklahoma adventures. Until we meet again. oxoxox








No comments: