I know Father's Day is in June, and I could wait to post this, but my heart is full of thankfulness for fathers today. In church this morning a young father took his beautiful baby girl in his arms to give her a name and a blessing. This is an ordinance that is done in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints soon after a baby is born. He was assisted by his father and his wife's father. It was a wonderful sight to be sure, but the words he spoke under inspiration to this little girl reached into my soul and filled it with love. I don't remember everything he said, but some of the blessings she was given were that she would have a love for beauty and have joy in her life. I was struck by his love for this little girl and I knew that her Heavenly Father loved her even more, and these were blessings that He wanted for her and all His children. By seeing this father's love for his child I felt God's love for me.
The next meeting I went to today placed me behind another cute young family who's dad was holding his little toddler with pig tails, big brown eyes and a little bit of breakfast still on her pretty little face. He kissed her and spoke sweetly to her and tenderly wiped her mouth and brushed her bangs away from her eyes. That was a blessed little girl. I'm pretty sure the angels were smiling down on that dad today and it will be very easy for this little one to understand the love of God, because of the love she already feels at home.
My husband, the father of my 9 children has been out of town a lot lately. He came home last night. Everyone felt safer having him in his place at home. I felt myself relax knowing that our protector and provider was here to care for us. This morning before church my 13 yr. old was in the room making conversation with his dad. "So how are you?" Paul answered, "Fine." and because it was 30 minutes until we needed to leave for church he added, "You need to eat breakfast." My son's response was gold, "I want to be with you, Dad. Have you eaten yet?" This little boy is so happy to have his Daddy home. So for all the dads, thank you for loving your children. There is great power in your love. Every little thing you do for your family matters. Like Steven Covey says, "The secret to the big is the small."



No comments:
Post a Comment