Isaac Dickson Stoker is 1 yr. old today. It's fun that he was born on pi day, and his mom graduated in math-ed , and his dad likes math, and Isaac Newton was a physicist which uses math, and in a few years I'll ask Isaac Stoker if he likes math.
We haven't been able to spend much time together since he lives in Portland, OR and I live in Atlanta, GA. But the last time I saw him, he enjoyed eating. He slept a bit. He was pretty brave about letting us hold him, and he was cute. For more up-to-date information I called Mr's Isaac's mom.
Isaac has a relationship with music. He always stops to listen if there is music playing. He conducts his mom's singing. He took his first steps to music and we're pretty sure he will be a great musician someday. That or he'll really like listening to other really great musicians.
He's quite vocal and at the moment screams to communicate. If all goes well he will learn a few more options, but for now his family can usually tell what he wants. Like that one family night when they were running back and forth across the room while they sang a song. When it was time to calm down to get ready for the lesson they sang a reverent song. Isaac started screaming to share that singnig and sitting was definitely not as fun as singing and running..
Isaac's favorite toy is the toilet. I mean what's not to like? It has water for sloshing. It makes things disappear. In fact most of the toys Isaac has dropped in the toilet have disappeared, for a while at least. Then the toilet stops working well and mom and dad have to get involved. That always spoils his fun.
Isaac is independent and doesn't like to be restrained. That makes church, shopping, and any activity with boundaries less fun for the whole family with Isaac trying to break free and the family trying to keep him contained...funny though. He likes to feed himself, no insists on it. Mommy always thickens his applesauce with oatmeal since he wouldn't hear of a spoon. Thick applesauce doesn't slip through his fingers as much as thin applesauce. When Mom attempts to offer him a food he doesn't care for, he takes it and drops it on the floor. When he's done eating-same tactic-off the highchair tray it goes.
The other night on skype we watched Isaac take some steps. We were so proud. He loves walking. Now he can carry things while he moves. In fact, he can carry really big things and the bigger the better. Hopefully, we'll keep skyping and he'll know I'm his grandma. Isaac and I will get to know eachother a little better this summer when he comes to visit. Until then, I just love him because he's mine.



No comments:
Post a Comment