Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Happy Birthday Paul 2




Today at 1:06 AM


Happy Birthday to my sweet husband who works hard to support us and make all our wishes come true.  I love you.  xoxox, Laurie


Dad, you are such a good example of how to be a great husband, father and grandpa!  Thanks for always spending the time with us, being involved with our sports and school and trying to find ways to be in our lives.  You are a great dad and grandpa.  Caleb and Landon really enjoy their time with you and always look forward to seeing you.  I love hearing about your adventures as you search for that perfect job and appreciate your advice to make us better athletes and men. We couldn't do it without you.  Hope you have a great birthday!  We love you.

Rangers Lead the Way.
D and E

Happy Birthday Grandpa, Hope you have a good day.  We miss you, I wish you could come and visit and play legos.  Love you.  Caleb

"Bubble"  "too, toooo"  "da-da" "Thisch"
Landon


Hey Dad,

I appreciate you supporting us through our lives. You are a good example of a hard worker, and have really helped me become a better person. I love how you take time to teach us how to play and how to win.

Also, thanks for always letting us know how much you love us. Not everyone can say the same about their dad. Happy Birthday. Your great.

Brandon


To dad
Thank you for being a good example of a good Dad for me. I love how much you love your family and enjoy spending time with us. I love that you love Mom like crazy and that you're willing to do anything to make her happy. You are a great Dad and a great example to all of us.
Nathan


Dear Papa Stoker!

Happy Birthday!!  Thanks so much for being an awesome father-in-law.  You have always made me feel so welcome in the Stoker family. Not gonna lie, I was super intimidated coming into the all-so-talented Stoker family with little strategy gaming skills and absolutely no volleyball experience ;-)  But you have always made me feel like I belong.  You are always so complimenting, encouraging, and AWESOME!  I love how much you love your family and how well you take care of everyone around you.  You are such a good teacher and such a fun and funny person to be around.  I love to hear Nathan's fun stories about growing up and all the adventures he had with his dad.    Thanks for raising a great son and an wonderful family.  I hope you have a fantastic, enjoyable Birthday!  Love you, Dad!!

 Ari

Hey Dad,

Hope your birthday's a great one.  I'm not sure what number this is for you because you're still pretty young to me.  You could eat ice cream every night if you wanted.  If you don't still.  So all I have to say could be summed up in two words: Thank you. 

But in case you're not sure why those two words, let me keep going.

Thanks for being my Dad.  Not everyone gets books every night until they're 13.  Not everyone gets to wake up to the cougar fight song and come into the kitchen with the oven opened up so we could be warm.  And if that wasn't enough there was the fresh pot of oatmeal to "stick to our ribs."  Not everyone gets a personal coach, sponsor, and fan all wrapped in one.  Thanks for all the support and all the sports lessons.  I know you gave us your all with each piece of advice.  I didn't know when you first showed me how to shoot a basketball that "elevator up" meant I love you.  Thanks for keeping it coming.  Thanks for your dreams.  It was great sail on them growing up: fishing, foosball, ping pong, volleyball, dodgeball, tennis, and even sailing.  Thanks for keeping your message clear: we could do anything!  Thanks for repeating it even when it didn't always stick. I'm grateful to learn your lessons today and through my memories.  Thanks for helping us with the girls in life.  We should've listened better to you.  Just to let you know I got myself a girl that's got the 4 B's: booty, bum, buttocks, badonk.  Thanks for being a worthy priesthood holder.  Thanks for going hometeaching and giving us father's blessings.  Thanks for praying with us in the home.  Thanks for loving our mama.  We all learned how to love from you.  She made a great decision in marrying you and she's lucky to have you.  

Dad thanks for giving us the best years of your life.  You always made time for us and I know that you cared about us the most.  
I love ya Dad.

Aaron


 SDad loves sports. He loved to teach us and support us and infuse in us a love for sports as well. It is one of his favorite ways to connect with his kids! When I was younger I didn’t always love the coaching, even if it was good for me. But one particular evening of shooting hoops with dad at the Church gym has stood out to me. We were shooting and I was getting frustrated and to me it felt like we had been shooting forever. I wanted to be done. I said so but dad was firm and refused to leave unless I ended on a good shot. My percentage had been pretty bad for the evening and I grumbled and lazily threw up a shot or two until I realized I’d actually have to focus to get a good shot. I of course shot until I “swished” it and then we went home. That’s been a lesson that has stuck with me. It’s something that I think about and has a sort of adapting message. Usually it reminds me to have a good attitude, give it your best, and to never give up. I love you dad!
Jacob


Paul Stoker was the perfect father for his little princess-in-training. When I was little, he would let me step on his feet and we would dance and dance around the kitchen. I felt like the most beautiful girl in the world, well, except for my mom :)He would also indulge my girly tastes and stick up for me when my brothers were teasing me.He attended his fair share of dance recitals, musicals, sporting events and choir concerts. I always felt that he supported me and was proud of me.  We went on so many fun dates. Just my dad and me. His favorite may have been our Dick's Sporting Goods adventures where we would practice our golf swings on the mini green, and try out all the sports equipment on the floor. There were many nights in high school that I would unwind with a game of ping pong. We'd talk about my forehand, and backhand, but mostly we'd talk about life. I loved those nights. My dad was always ready with a hug and a kiss, especially when I needed it the most. His love was unconditional and I'll always be his little girl. 

Eliza


No comments: